Champion*s League online dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PITTSBURGH 53 MICHIGAN STATE 51 (3OT)

Go down

PITTSBURGH 53 MICHIGAN STATE 51 (3OT) Empty PITTSBURGH 53 MICHIGAN STATE 51 (3OT)

Post  OneMD Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:59 pm

It was a very entertaining game full of last second miracles. StephenjHawking in his first year led his team to East Lansing Michigan to face coach OneMD and his Spartans 15 game home winning streak. The game belonged to Pittsburgh early as they went up 14 - 3 on some savvy playcalling. After the Spartans had time to catch their breath and coach OneMD made adjustments Michigan State stormed back with 21 unanswered points to take a 24 - 14 lead. With just over 3 minutes left in the game, the Spartans were ahead 31 - 21. On Pittsburgh's next possesion they scored a touchdown to pull within 31 -28. They force Michigan State to punt and got the ball back with under a minute left. Michigan State holds them to the edge of field goal range with under 5 secons left. "I tought our defense did a pretty good job to that point. We just could not quite stop them on 3rd and 4th down." Coach OneMD said. " As they were lining up for the kick, I called timeout". The attempt was over 50 yards and the kicker had been iced. The ball was snapped. " When I saw that ball leave his foot, it looked horrible, it looked wide right. I started jumping up and down but then it started curving back to the left" said OneMD. The ball made a huge recovery as it curved back left and PING hit the pole and bounced in for the tie at the end of regulation. Pittsburgh would go on to win in 3 overtimes on a 2 point conversion. The teams continued to trade touchdowns in overtime but Michigan State could not convert the 2 pointer and Pittsburgh walked away with the victory. "Its disappointing to be up by 10 with 3 minutes to go and lose it but it was a great game" says OneMD.

OneMD

Back to top Go down