Champion*s League online dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#12 Michigan State tops #6 Arizona State in Tempe

2 posters

Go down

#12 Michigan State tops #6 Arizona State in Tempe Empty #12 Michigan State tops #6 Arizona State in Tempe

Post  OneMD Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:13 am

Michigan State beat a very good ASU team on Saturday with a quick swarming defense and a little luck. Joel Campbell was 15 -18 for 311 yds and 5 tds and the recieving corps played very well and the running game was effective. A few big plays helped them stay ahead by 2 scores and took some pressure off of quarterback Joel Campbell. Although Campbell is a senior this was only his second start and his first start was against his old team he transferred from, Kentucky. Without its mega star half back Thomas Flores (who had accounted for 130 yds, 1td by early second quarter before his injury) Michigan State handed it Lamar Cook. " Lamar is a great back in his own right" says Coach OneMD. " I have no problem giving it to him and I trust the offensive line." Michigan State jumped out qiuckly to a 14-0 lead and after a Sun Devil turnover, had another look in side the redzone before Campbell threw an interception. It was a momentum swinger as ASU marched down the field and scored a touchdown. It went from potentially 21-0 to 14-7. Having to deal with Qb Jermaine Smith and 2 time Heisman winning RB Billy Cunningham is a nightmare for any team but Michigan State did as well as you can hope to do against these two. Shockingly, Cunningham was somewhat contained but Smith gave them fits all day with his speed. Ultimately, 4 picks would be his undoing.

Unfortunately this was the third game we played against eachother because of stupid ea servers. the first game was shaping up to be a classic. I took a 24-10 lead and supersonny came back to tie it at 24 early in the 4th qtr. the secnd game was blow for blow, tied at 14 in the 2nd qtr before being disconnected.

OneMD

Back to top Go down

#12 Michigan State tops #6 Arizona State in Tempe Empty Re: #12 Michigan State tops #6 Arizona State in Tempe

Post  Bearfan3417 Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:16 pm

yeah me and roken were keeping track of your guy's game and we were wondering what was going on lol. Damn ea!!!!!!!

Bearfan3417

Back to top Go down