Champion*s League online dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

User Week Begins!

2 posters

Go down

User Week Begins! Empty User Week Begins!

Post  OneMD Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:43 am

This is week 1 in a 2 week matchup process of non-conference user games. Its like championship week and rivalry week rolled into one and then doubled. It begins every year during the second week of the season. Lots of exciting match ups this week as the championship picture takes shape over this 2 week period. it has huge influence on the end of season rankings and could crush any teams title hopes with a loss. Its almost an elimination tournament for the BCS Championship. Those that make it out of this 2 week gauntlet at #1 and #2, usually hold form to the end. Lets take a closer look at the games

South Carolina vs Pitt
South Carolina had a decent year last year but the team is looking much stronger and explosive this year. Pitt came off a 12-1 season and a competitive game against Miami for the whole kit n kaboodle. Both teams are looking strong and improved this year.

Miami vs Auburn
What a game this is going to be. The clash of the titans as some are calling it, Auburn is building back to its elite form while Miami is already there and has been there for 2 years. Its a gauge for Auburn to see where they stack up against the defending champs. For all those gamblers, good luck picking this one.

Arizona State vs Michigan State
Another promising year for Arizona State. They return Heisman winner and one of the best in the nation in Billy Cunningham. Michigan State has maybe the best team on paper since OneMD has been there. This game should have been focused on the 2 great running backs for both teams but an injury to Thomas Flores in Week 1 doused the hype flames. Should be a great game. One thing both these teams have in common is both thier seasons keep getting ruined by UCLA.

Clemson vs Texas
It will be a very orange day. Clemson at times has looked great, beating good teams and the have looked average by costly losses. Coach RonGill begins his second year as he tries to establish him self in the Big 12 and bring Texas back into the elite club. Can Clemson have some consistency this year and meet that big potential?

UCLA vs Colorado
Another mega- match up. Both teams expect to be in the national title game this year but after this game only 1 will remain. Both teams have some great players and are stacked once again. A huge and early treat for college football fans everywhere.
Who will win this colossal match up between these 2 teams who have won 4 of the past 7 BCS Championships?

Last edited by OneMD on Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total

OneMD

Back to top Go down

User Week Begins! Empty Miamii 28, Auburn 21

Post  rps21 Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:02 am

For the Auburn Tigers, this game turned out to be a game of IFs.

IF the Tiger QB hadn't fumbled on the fringe of scoring territory while up 14-7 with 2 minutes to go in the 1st half, what would have happened?

IF the Auburn secondary possessed more than 1 guy with 90+ speed, what would have happened?

IF only I had a full recruiting class in the past 2 seasons!

This turned out to be a very competitive game, even more so than I hoped it would be. But it became apparent quickly that we had a slugfest on our hands. Auburn opened up with a sustained drive, which was quickly answered by the U. 7-7. Auburn came back with a quick score after one of our less-heralded WR, Wright, broke a couple of tackles for a big TD pass. On the ensuing drive, Miami got picked off, and Auburn moved the ball to about the Miami 35. On 4th an 1, the Aubby QB coffed the ball up on a QB sneak, and gave possession back to the Hurricanes. A little bit of field position play went on, and Miami had the ball with 20 seconds left deep in their own territory. Although Auburn was in a prevent D, Miami's WR (can't remember the name) streaked through the secondary to hook up for a deep ball. Crushing blow. Tied at half.

The second half was very similar to the first, as Miami hit that same WR for 2 more deep scores. The Tiger D just couldn't keep up with him over the top. Miami got a big stop with 2 minutes to go, and then held onto the ball for the W. It's sad, because while I felt like I played well enough to win, I simply couldn't stop the deep pass, and it was the death of me.

While this was a crushing loss to the Tigers, and seriously damages the national title hopes, it is very encouraging to see what some of the boys can do against the best competition around. With a strong recruiting class or two, Auburn feels like they will be in the top 5 from here on out, if they aren't already there.

rps21

Back to top Go down

User Week Begins! Empty Re: User Week Begins!

Post  OneMD Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:29 am

Hell yeah! It sounds like that game lived up to its billing. Great report. Great game, Auburn gave the champs a run for thier money and will definitely cement his status in the top 5 with this showing. Miami, once again victorious extends its win streak to 36 games( I think).

OneMD

Back to top Go down

User Week Begins! Empty Re: User Week Begins!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down