Champion*s League online dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toppled By the Spartans

2 posters

Go down

Toppled By the Spartans Empty Toppled By the Spartans

Post  Supersonny2 Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:30 am

Arizona State's 2015 campaign for a National Title sputtered early in week 2 with a loss to Michigan State 38-21. Back to Back Heisman trophy winner Billy Cunningham was once again shut down in another big time game leading some to believe that his hype is overrated. Others are blaming the loss on All-American quarterback Jermaine Smith, whose accuracy was shakey to say the least. The offense never seemed to establish an identity, and the Spartan defense was out to prove a point. Four interceptions would ultimately be the undoing of the Sun Devils.

"Obviously were disappointed", said Coach Supersonny after the game. "I think were a better team then we showed tonight. Jermaine had some struggles, and we played with more panic than poise most of the game. When you're heisman running back is basically removed from the game, rushing and recieving, well it makes things tough. We had a couple of big plays working the middle of the field, but Coach OneMD made some adjustments on his defense and it ended up costing us. Defensively I thought we played okay, unfortunately we just let up too many big time plays. This is definately something we'll be working on this week in practice for the battle with the Panthers. Thankfully we have a bye this week to regroup and get some things squared away."

"Will Jermaine be the starter again facing the tenacious defense of the Panthers? Definately. Statistically he has struggled in some of our biggest games, tossing too many interceptions, but he's a gamer. He's the sole reason we were able to defeat Colorado last season, and he just needs to settle down and stay composed. You certainly don't want turnovers, but it's a part of the game, he just needs to let things go."

"On the plus side, were still #12 in the country, and while at the moment it's not looking good, still alive to get back into the mix. That starts next week against Pittsburgh. Coach Hawking has really got his program headed in the right direction, winning the Big East, and battling the Canes in the title game last season. We know he's looking to improve upon that season and bring back the Title this year. They certainly have a game changer in Brandon Larkins, the freakish defensive end with an un-Godly amount of sacks in his career. It should be an interesting match up with him being an intense pass rusher, and Jermaine being one of the best running quarterbacks in the nation. That about wraps it up for this week, once again I tip my hat to Coach OneMD and his Spartans, they got the best of us today."

Supersonny2

Back to top Go down

Toppled By the Spartans Empty Re: Toppled By the Spartans

Post  OneMD Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:26 pm

Thats what I'm talkin about! Great article supersonny. I love that shite.

OneMD

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum