Champion*s League online dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The skid continues...

Go down

The skid continues... Empty The skid continues...

Post  Supersonny2 Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:32 am

The Sun Devils took another agonizing defeat this time at the hands of the Coach Hawking and the Panthers of Pittsburgh. While the game wasn't a blow out, the Devils had no answer for Pittsburgh's offense, only stopping them one time on an intercepted screen pass. The defensive ends for the Panthers were fast and furious, led by superstar sackmaster Brandon Larkin. The Sun Devils pulled within a touchdown late in the game, but again couldn't get that stop they desperately needed.

"That was a great team. Their game plan was solid, and we couldn't stop it. We had a couple of opportunities but kept giving up conversions. We weren't getting the push we needed on the D line, and when we brought the heat they were making the right reads and getting the ball where it needed to go", said a discouraged Coach Supersonny. "Obviously this is not how we had hoped the season would start being 1-2, but there's some room to grow, and obviously we still have a shot to win the Pac-10."

Quarterback Jermaine Smith responded to questions, "They were fast man, fastest d-line I've seen in three years. I'm known as a scrambler, but I think I should have tried to stay in the pocket a bit more. Larkin has a tough outside pash rush and I'll admit he had me rattled about rolling his way. We started great, but hit a wall early. We just didn't make the plays we needed to make all game long, and I put a lot of that on myself, some of my reads were going to the wrong guys. Yeah, I did get lucky on a few passes that could have been picked off, we would catch a break, and just couldn't capatilize. It's a tough one."

The Devils get ready to move into conference play, and move towards the inevitable "conference title game" with Coach Bearfan and the Bruins. The Sun Devils haven't come close to winning that match up yet, and the Bruins look as good as ever this year. Will this be the year? Or will they finish second yet again, only time will tell.

Supersonny2

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum